CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Redone lamp shade

Years and years ago, my beloved grandmother, Memaw, gave me this antique blue, bubbled Atlas Mason Jar.  I have no idea how old it is or how valuable.  I made it into a lamp and have had it by my bed for years.   It has potpourri inside.  I bought a new shade for it 6 years ago when we moved here to Mansfield.  I have looked at that ugly shade for 6 years.  I wish I would have taken a before and after picture!  I was shopping for ideas in World Market and saw a burlap shade with a black stenciled fleur-de-leis on it.  Hmmmm!  I knew what to do to mine!  I thought covering the shade with burlap might be tricky because of its shape, so I just wrapped it in twine.  I found the stencil in Home Depot by the paint!   Americana makes the stencil (Traditional Medallion).   I love my lamp now.

No comments:

Post a Comment