CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Toaster napkin holder

This summer I went to a painting seminar and one painter showed pictures of things she had painted with Americana Gloss Enamel paint.  I have been unable to find the paint, but I wanted to paint the toaster idea!  So, I went shopping at Salvation Army and found this old toaster.  It had wood laminate on the end...so 70's.  I first spray painted the toaster with primer, then flat black spray paint from my husband's stash of spray paint.  I first tried stenciling various sizes of circles, then had to wash off because it was bleeding underneath BAD.  I wanted circles for some reason, so I cut various sizes of circles from "Miracle Sponge" compressed sponges (they are flat until water is added to them).  I have hoards of paint, so I used my stash of paints.  Then I varnished with gloss enamel varnish.  The napkins are from Walmart (get the smaller ones to fit).  Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment